Landlord preserves Art Deco period apartment in Twickenham
Queens Road, Twickenham, Richmond upon Thames TW1
For free quote call 0203 930 0645 (24-hours)
This two bedroom flat is in central Twickenham, part of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. A period apartment that was built in the Art Deco era between 1908 and 1935. After seven years, the current tenant was due to vacate the Twickenham flat in a few days.
With the landlords based in Brighton they needed a local reputable and trustworthy Twickenham painter and decorator. Therefore the landlords called in Twickenham Painters and Decorators – Phantom who specialise in painting and decorating services throughout Twickenham.
Twickenham painters and decorators carry out painting and decorating using low odour eco-friendly paint for Twickenham landlords.
Scope of work.
With the Twickenham flat being tenanted for some seven years meant considerable preparation was required to get this Art Deco flat to a much higher finishing standard expected by Twickenham landlords and tenants alike. So our Twickenham painter spent a full day preparing surfaces including treatment of mould and mildew that was lurking behind a recently removed fitted wardrobe.
Prior to painting, the existing walls were a “dirty cream” colour, so our Twickenham painter and decorator recommended using Dulux Trade Supermatt because of its high opacity and excellent coverage. This was applied to all plaster surfaces throughout, including inside fitted storage units.
As with all property rentals, our Twickenham painter recommended applying Leyland Trade Hard-wearing Acrylic Eggshell to all woodwork, including original Art Deco panelled doors, architraves and skirting boards. Not only it is quick-drying but also eco-friendly and odourless.
Painting and decorating in rent void periods is always a challenge, often due to time constraints to minimise loss of rent to the landlord. Our Twickenham decorators encountered other challenges along the way including:
- Squeezing around six days work into just four. The schedule of four days was based on original scope of works which excluded the kitchen and bathroom. However, once our Twickenham decorator started we recommended to the Twickenham landlord that the kitchen and bathroom should be painted because the finish will vary greatly, particularly around the original Art Deco doors and curved architraves.
- Keeping the project on schedule each day, with just one Twickenham painter and decorator, despite extra works, because two Twickenham professional cleaners were booked for Friday.
- Making sure our Twickenham decorator had completed all painting and decorating, as well as professional cleaners in good time for new tenants move-in day.
Being Twickenham painters and decorators, without diesel polluting vans, meant we were able to overcome challenges by utilising all resources to this project, including the time we saved in traffic while doing our bit for the environment.
This project timeline shows the tight schedule our Twickenham painter had to deliver the brief successfully, and on time without compromising our high professional standards in painting and decorating.
Tuesday 0900, long term tenant moves out and hand over keys to our Twickenham Painter and Decorator.
Tuesday 0900, our Twickenham decorator delivered paint and materials to site and commence works.
Wednesday & Thursday, our Twickenham painter and decorator worked longer hours each day to keep on schedule.
Friday AM, our Twickenham painter and decorator complete all painting and decorating.
Friday PM, we bring in our Twickenham professional cleaners to carry out full end of tenancy professional clean.
Saturday 12 noon, new tenants move in!
As this project timeline shows, utilising our Twickenham Painter and Decorator 30-years experience in delivering residential landlord painting and decorating projects, we fulfilled the brief in spite of the challenges.
Our Twickenham painting and decorating contractors gave this Art Deco flat in Twickenham a fresh look in just four days. With enough time before the new tenants move in.
- Future periodic painting and decorating during void periods will be more cost efficient as the painting and decorating finish is brought to much higher standard.
- Having treated the mould and mildew, the landlord is less likely to receive complaints from tenants.
- By carrying out painting and decorating after a tenant has moved out means we saved the landlord around £49 a day in rent loss.
- And important of all, a happy landlord and tenant who have made this Art Deco apartment, in Twickenham, a loving home once again.
Twickenham landlord very happy with our painting and decorating services
Here is what the client said…
Exceptional service – Jonathan went above and beyond to ensure the work was completed on time and to a high standard. He provided a competitive quote and in a timely manner. He was professional and friendly. I couldn’t fault him at all. I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again.Lyn Zimmo, Landlord, Twickenham, Trustpilot, August 2021
Request your free quote for Painting and Decorating Twickenham.
For free quote call 0203 930 0645 (24-hours)