Ted Baker mural installers work with Earls Court hotel to enhance guest experience at check-in.
Kensington and Chelsea, London SW5
For free quote call 0203 930 0645 (24-hours)
The new owners of this 21-bedroom hotel in Earls Court London sought to improve their guest experience on arrival by the way of two feature walls to their ground floor corridor to reflect in their centred floor to ceiling mirror and first-floor corridor, to be viewed from reception area.
Creating these two feature walls required skill and experience working with combined materials – wood, silk, paint, digital wallpaper and commercial mural. Not all hotel decorators have the skills or experience to install specialist wallcoverings especially Muraspec wallcoverings. So Phantom – interior hotel decorators were highly recommended to the hotel owners to creatively install the two commercial murals including wallpaper installation of their chosen Muraspec wallcovering.
We are Muraspec trusted installers and experienced in Ted Baker Mural Installation
Scope of work.
Before installing the commercial wallcovering, we recommended the Light Hardwood Reed moulding to be installed between the two very distinctive Muraspec wallcoverings to ensure a consistent sized panel, neat demarcation and to protect wallcovering edges from chafing when guests arrive with suitcases. The particular Reed moulding design & size was also recommended by us because it did not protrude in design like some ornate period mouldings and is unlikely to be chafed over time. Each of the mouldings were colour-match painted in hard-wearing eggshell prior to installation, for a sharper finish.
As with all hotel wallcovering installations, we highly recommend cross-lining the walls prior to installing the finishing wallcovering. This not only conceals existing and future surface blemishes, such as cracks, from breaking through the finishing wallcovering but provides greater adhesion to prevent seam/join splits. For this project, we used 100gsm fire-rated wide-width lining paper.
After allowing sufficient time for the lining paper adhesive to fully cure, we installed the Muraspec Union Celeste Green to the side flank panels, which came in 1.3m wide widths. We then installed the bespoke digital wallpaper mural, adapted from the Ted Baker Antiquity wallpaper collection, which also came in 1.3m widths to fit the panels perfectly.
As interesting as this project was, it did not come without its challenges, including:
- Scheduling the first feature wall to ground floor immediately following the Christmas weekend and before the New Year festivities commenced.
- Being a very busy Central London hotel, operating from the early hours in the morning until midnight, most of the ground-floor work had to be carried out from midnight until around 0600.
- With the ground floor corridor being the hotel’s only entrance for guests, staff and suppliers, did mean cutting off the entrance entirely was not an option.
- Very limited working areas available in the hotel to work with 1.3 metre wide wallcoverings meant we had to be very efficient and practical in the way we work.
- Installing a heavy 1.3m wide vinyl in a narrow corridor less than a metre wide but 3.5m high, further obscured by an ornate suspended ceiling made installation even more tricky.
With nearly 30-years commercial decorating experience under our belt, we had successfully overcame these installation challenges.
This project timeline shows how we worked around the hotel’s operating hours and the limited space available, to deliver the brief successfully, without compromising our high professional standards.
Prior to commencing work at the hotel, we primed and applied hard-wearing eggshell to the wood moulding off-site.
Monday 27 December, work commenced on ground floor feature wall from midnight until around 0600.
Thursday 30 December, we complete ground-floor feature wall in time for the New Year.
After New Year, we returned to commence work on first-floor reception corridor, installing the moulding and lining paper installation during the day.
Around mid-January, we completed installation of Muraspec Union Celeste silk fabric and Ted Baker Antiquity digital wallpaper mural to first-floor.
Utilising the Project Manager’s 30-years experience in commercial wallcovering installation, we fulfilled the brief successfully in spite of the challenges, and with excellent results.
With careful planning around hotel operations and our expertise in hotel wallcovering installation we successfully pulled it off. The Ted Baker Mural Installation now enhances the hotel’s guest experience on arrival and check-in with beautiful results.
- On arrival, the feature wall gives a warm welcome for guests, followed by a repeat visual experience at check-in.
- The ground-floor Ted Baker Antiquity mural gives a double dose of its floral beauty through the floor-to-ceiling mirror.
- Added consumer value to the hotel brand by giving a luxurious look and feel beyond the hotel’s current star rating.
- A focal and talking point for guests and staff; even a ‘selfie wall’ to share on social media!
- A unique selling point for the hotel in bustling Earl’s Court, standing out from other hotels in the area.
- And important of all, a happy GM and Managing Director, with inspired staff proud of their colourfully decorated floral workplace.
Another client satisfied with their Ted Baker Mural Installation
Here is what the client said…
Quality Workmanship – I have no hesitation in recommending Jonathan as a highly skilled and conscientious professional with a high standard of workmanship and work ethics. He was meticulous in installing some very complex wall coverings in some challenging spaces and his painting skills are also flawless.Hemang Popat, Managing Director, Trustpilot, March 2022
Request your free quote for Ted Baker Mural Installation
For free quote call 0203 930 0645 (24-hours)